Just heard on the news: “Well, healthcare is one of those rare problems where reality matters…”
Can I go home now, Mum?
#THX4SUPPORT: A Twitter-Based Recovery Support Event
Thanksgiving is coming. And while for many of us, that means the excitement of friends, family, and food, for many others, Thanksgiving comes with it a lot of stress, fear, and anxiety.
But you’re not alone.
And this Thanksgiving, we want to make sure that you get the support, resources, and community that you need.
This Thanksgiving, use the hash tag #thx4support on Twitter to:
- Reach our team of eating disorder, recovery, and body image activists for one-on-one support or inspiration
- Find awesome articles, videos, and resources being tweeted out by organizations and activists
- Make new friends by finding people across the country struggling with the same issues. Start a support network!
The following people will be on hand to talk you through any feelings of negativity that you experience:
- Melissa A Fabello, Body Image Activist: @fyeahmfabello
- Wagatwe Wanjuki, Writer and Activist: @wagatewe
- Arielle Lee Bair, Recovery Blogger: @arielleleebair
- Kat Lazo, Media Literacy Advocate: @theekatsmeoww
- Matt Wetsel, Survivor Turned Activist: @tiledsarenomore
- Bevin Branlandingham, Body Liberation Activist: @queerfatfemme
Use the hash tag #thx4support or tweet us directly.
Are you an organization who wants in on the action?
- Use #thx4support to tweet out related articles and resources!
- Let your followers know that this support is available. Share this graphic!
- If you have capacity, join in on giving support to people using the hash tag.
And what can individuals do?
- Follow #thx4support and send inspiration to those in need!
- Tweet out your favorite resources using #thx4support.
- Let us know what kinds of ideas and questions you have by tweeting us!
Because we believe that recovery is possible. And we know that support can help.
REBLOG TO GET THE WORD OUT.
Struggling? The National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) can help. Call toll-free 1.800.931.2237.
this is amazing.
I want to prove to a friend that he will be dearly missed.
ONLY 360 NOTES!!! WHOVIANS YOU’D BETTER GET OVER HERE AND REBLOG THIS ASAP!!
SOGNAL BOOST THIS
WHOVIANS WTF REBLOG ALREADY
I’M STILL NOT READY FOR HIM TO LEAVE
I WILL MISS HIS SMILE
AND MATT SMITH IN GENERAL BECAUSE HE WAS MY FIRST AND FAVORITE DOCTOR
BOW TIES HAVE NEVER BEEN COOLER AND WILL NEVER BE AS COOL AGAIN
Matt Smith? I’m still not over William Hartnell!
Good morning. This is a Rube Goldberg machine made out of toys, featuring three girls age 6-8, one of whom is rapping a rewritten “Girls” by the Beastie Boys.
It’s called The Princess Machine. The social Princess Machine flattens important, heroic women and makes them two-dimensional and unimportant. This Princess Machine is made out of princesses (among other things) and shows that girls are so much more than that — they can build, invent, and create, and they can do it with traditional femininity or without. It’s their choice.
Your move, patriarchy.
You think you know what we want, girls.
Pink and pretty it’s girls.
Just like the 50’s it’s girls.
You like to buy us pink toys
and everything else is for boys
and you can always get us dolls
and we’ll grow up like them… false.
It’s time to change.
We deserve to see a range.
'Cause all our toys look just the same
and we would like to use our brains.
We are all more than princess maids.
Girls to build the spaceship,
Girls to code the new app,
Girls to grow up knowing
they can engineer that.
That’s all we really need is Girls.
To bring us up to speed it’s Girls.
Our opportunity is Girls.
Don’t underestimate Girls.
Sherlock season three will soon be available for viewing… but only at Walmart on Black Friday.
Since Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman have a decent age difference between them, it’s quite likely that Capaldi’s Doctor and Clara will develop a father/daughter relationship. If and when this happens, my friend came up with five words that Capaldi’s Doctor could say during a particularly dangerous adventure that would be absolutely heartbreaking.
"Stay in the TARDIS, Susan!"
Oh I wasn’t using my heart or anything